Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Review

Thursday, 23 February 2017

Today I'm here to review the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, because I've been a devoted Potterhead since I was 11 years old and now, with 27, I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter.

The first time I heard about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was in this little tiny red book that I got together with Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Quidditch Through the Ages back in 2001.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

So when I heard about the movie I ran to watch it with my husband and oh my gosh, I never thought it would be such a magical and nostalgic experience! So without further ado, here's why I absolutely LOVED Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

First of all... Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander. What a brilliant decision, he's the most adorable, caring and socially awkward wizard you could ever ask for! He looks at everything with such an interest and curiosity, it's simply contagious. He's loving personality made the movie even more magical!

Newt Scamander

Second... Let's talk about WARDROBE! I mean, come on! It's New York City in 1926, the roaring twenties. Everything is so casually glamorous. I'm so passionate about the 20's fashion, it was such a beautiful era. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is nominated for Costume Design and honestly, I hope it wins because it was just beautiful!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Third... Can we just talk about the fact that the President of the Magical Congress of the United States of America is a BLACK WOMAN! Amazing! I absolutely loved it!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Fourth... The soundtrack, I have no shame admitting that I'm currently listening on my Spotify as I write this review. The music is so important in a movie and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Soundtrack is simply magical!

Spotify

Fifth... Adult Wizards and Witches! Don't get me wrong I love love love Harry Potter but it was so nice seeing adults perform magic without thinking about the spell. Although I would love if they had more wand action. Still, it was lovely to see adults in action and speaking about wands, can we just take a look at how BEAUTIFUL the wands are??? I'm so buying the Fantastic Beasts Wand Set from Noble Collection!

Wand

Sixth... Queenie Goldstein! From her very first entrance, I was bewitched by her. She embraces the 1920s flapper with exceptional grace, so I ended up developing a big girl crush on her. My husband said that Queenie was such a strong character full of potential that we'll hopefully see in the future movies and... SHE CAN READ MINDS! How cool is that??

Queenie Goldstein

Seventh... Johnny Depp! I'm a HUGE fan of Johnny's work as an actor, I love his movies and I love how he always plays such unique characters. I got so excited with his appearance that in the end my husband just said: "This saga is looking so promising!"

Johnny Depp

Eighth... the beasts are truly absolutely fantastic!! That was probably my husband's favorite part, the creatures were so beautiful and when you have creatures like the Niffler and Pickett you know you'll laugh a LOT! 

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

And finally... Hufflepuff! I'm a proud Slytherin but I was so happy that Newt was a Hufflepuff, it was just right! I love all houses but Hufflepuff house is just so humble and caring. Also as a Knitter, I was raving at Newt's scarf, I'm so gonna knit it!

Hufflepuff

In the end, I absolutely loved the movie, I can't believe that we have four more to go, it just makes me so happy.
I hope you liked this long (but totally worth it) review! Thank you, J. K. Rowling I owe you so much!


11 comments :

  1. Um verdadeiro review!! Parabéns! Também adorei o filme e, tu sabes que eu não sou um Potterhead assim tão aficionado!! Continua! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just saw this recently but I loved it - Eddie Redmayne is cast brilliantly. I'm glad that there will be more films to come and interesting to see how everything (and everyone) is connected to the Hogwarts characters that we know and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I saw the trailer for this and it looks fantastic! My children were a bit scared by it though, so I think it's one I will have to watch without them. Glad you enjoyed it. I am embarrassed to say I have never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen the films!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the cinema to see this as soon as it came out and I loved it so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a little dubious about it as, even though I do like the HP films, I did feel a bit Harry Potter'd out and didn't want this to be holding onto its coat tails too much. I was relieved to see that it was an excellent film in its own right, away from the HP theme yet still with the magical tone and feel. I am looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this yet but it's definitely something I want to go and see x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I CAN NOT wait until I do! I'm such a Harry Potter fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to watch this still. I'm not sure why I haven't yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son saw this and he loved it too, he's such a Harry Potter fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loved this movie! And you know I have the yarn in hand to knit my own scarf for next fall! I'll have it ready to go when the second installment comes out. I am a tried and true Hufflepuff, so I'm so proud to see my house represented like this. Great post Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patty! I can't wait to see your final result! I absolutely loved the fact that Newt is a Hufflepuff, it's just perfect! :)

      Delete

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs